AMA – Flow<108 m3/hr. Head<80m
- Enquiry Form
- Technical Specification
- Pump Curves
- Range Dimensions
- Patented Run Dry Design
- Exploded View
- Parts List & Material Construction
AMA Plastic Magnetic Drive Pump
Magnetically driven pumps, such as the AMA plastic magnetic drive pump, are the industry standard when processing harsh and highly corrosive applications. The centrifugal force is driven by two rotating magnets rather than being directly coupled to a motor, which eliminates the need for a mechanical seal, making magnetic drive pumps completely leak proof.
The AMA range of magnetic drive pumps are designed to ISO2858 and ISO5199 standards.
The pumps deal with high temperatures, high pressures and highly corrosive applications effectively, efficiently and reliably. The AMA magnetic drive range is one of the most efficient pumps in the field, with average operating efficiencies over 70% reducing energy consumption and the pump life-cycle cost.
Reduced Life Cycle Cost
The patented run dry technology built into the AMA helps protect your pumps from a failure in the process. Most mechanically sealed pumps will fail when run dry, causing dangerous leakages and costly clean up bills as a result. However with the AMA, the pump can run dry for a number of hours alleviating process problems and avoiding damage to the pump.
The second patented design feature of the AMA range will increase the mean time between servicing, reducing overall maintenance costs of your process. Should the AMA pump be subjected to adverse operating conditions, vibration would normally reduce the life of the internal parts.
However, with the dynamic buffer system acting as a shock absorber between the impeller and the casing, the pump is protected as a result, thus minimising wear and prolonging the pumps service life.
High Efficiency Design
The geometry of the impeller and casing are generated through hydraulic design programmes.
Whilst taking into account the fluid dynamics, hydraulic loss is minimised and pump efficiency maximised. Lower electricity costs also come from the use of high efficiency IE3 motors.
Get in touch
|Model||Suction (mm)||Discharge (mm)||Speed (rpm)||Rated Capacity (m³/hr)||Rated Head (m)||Max Capacity (m³/hr)||Max Head (m)||Motor Output (kW)||Best EFF (%)|
Pump curves for the magnetic drive AMA-CT, AMA-DT, AMA-EP and AMA-FP.
For specific 3D CAD drawings or specific pump dimensions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)1425 627700.
- The total length and weight of the pump will differ depending on the brand of the motor.
- All dimensions are in mm.
- Assembly tolerances are +/- 3mm.
PLEASE ALLOW FOR MANUFACTURING TOLERANCES OF UP TO +/- 3MM
Patented Run Dry Design
Unfortunately, errors can occur in a process that cause a pump to run dry. For a mechanically sealed pump this can cause an almost immediate failure to the seal. Some mag drive pumps are now available with special material bearings to prevent the onset of damage from running dry, but Crest Assoma Mag Drive pumps go another step further with the patented circulation path for additional cooling.
Under normal operating conditions, the pumped liquid acts as lubrication between the rotating and stationary parts, and the heat generated by the rotational action is gently taken away by the circulating liquid. But when a pump is starved of liquid, these moving parts generate heat from friction and as the heat builds up, damage will occur.
However, with the Crest Assoma Mag Drive range, a patented auxiliary circulation channel runs between the bearing and the magnet capsule. The pressure difference has a convection effect for cooling both the interior and exterior of the bearing thereby preventing the high temperature build up caused from dry running. The key point of this feature though, is that whilst the design allows for increased cooling, there is
no reduction in pump efficiency.
- Reinforced armour – The ductile iron casing armour is lined with carbon fibre reinforced ETFE for nearly universal corrosion resistance and structural strength.
- Dynamic Buffer – The innovative dynamic buffer system is specially designed to absorb vibrations caused by adverse operation conditions.
- Stationary shaft – The stationary shaft provides rotational parts with rigid and stable operational conditions. Available in SSiC or ceramic gives the pump superior corrosion resistance.
- Finely tuned geometry – The geometry of the impeller and casing are fine tuned by a design programme to reduce hydraulic loss and increase efficiency.
- Revolutionary Run Dry design – The patented bearing design with dual-channel circulation contributes to rapid head dissipation and preventing damage when run dry.
- Strength & resistance – The moulded carbon fibre reinforced ETFE casing offers a combination of strength and chemical resistance.
- Heavy duty – An extra heavy duty backplate made of ductile iron precisely aligns and supports the rear casing with the front casing. This is separate from the bracket allowing pull out servicing with out opening the liquid end of the pump.
- Magnetic field analysis – The latest magnetic field analysis programme is used to calculate magnetic torque. This maximises magnet utilisation and ensures a sufficient torque coupling to prevent de-coupling.
- Long service life – An integrated one piece impeller enhances locking power with the shaft giving a longer service life. All impellers are designed with pump efficiency as top priority.
- Stable operation – The high strength bearing support structure is used to support the bearing bushing for stable operation. The high purity SiC axial and radial thrust bearing are designed with high torsional security to provide superior abrasion and corrosion resistance.
Parts List & Material Construction
|101||Pump Casing||ETFE + CF||1|
|161.01||Rear Casing with Cover||ETFE + CF, Carbon FRP||1|
|220||Front Support, Shaft||ETFE + CF||1|
|230||Impeller||Impeller||ETFE + CF||1|
|Front Wear Ring||Carbon||SSiC|
|319||Thrust Ring & Buffer||Front Buffer||ETFE||1|
|Front Thrust Ring||995 Ceramic||SSiC|
|847||Magnet Capsule||ETFE, Nd-Fe-B||1|
|912||Drain Plug||ETFE + CF||1|
|EM||Motor||Aluminium Alloy / FC||1|
|Rear Thrust Ring||Rear Thrust Ring||995 Ceramic||SSiC||1|