PLASTIC DIAPHRAGM PUMPS27th May 2016
To meet abrasive and corrosion resistant requirements, the Crest Pump’s range of DEPA plastic diaphragm pumps have been developed to utilise non-metallic materials such as polypropylene, PVDF or PTFE to ensure your process operates efficiently and reliably against the toughest applications.
The developments of the Series P plastic diaphragm pumps offer a combination of modern industrial design, combined with the daily requirements of pumps, like temperature, chemical resistance and high mechanical strength. The computer-aided design of the injection moulding achieves a consistent high quality with an excellent surface finish for low flow resistance and good abrasion resistance. The result of the design offers a strong and compact diaphragm pump.
DEPA plastic diaphragm pumps have been developed to transfer a wide span of corrosive liquids, slurries, pastes and sludges for which pumps of metal construction fail to offer the necessary chemical resistance. With the pump housings are machined from solid Polypropylene or PTFE.
The elaborate manufacturing process involved ensures the highest possible stability of form and thus the pumping pressure capability is maintained in line with standard DEPA cast metal pump versions.
In addition, the solid PP and PTFE form also provides complete external resistance to corrosive environments.
- Designed for resistance to corrosive media and environments – with rugged non metallic construction and components
- Ideal for abrasive, viscous and shear sensitive media and for products with entrained solids
- Air operated plus electrically conductive plastic housing means suitability for explosive or hazardous areas
- Tolerance of dry running and harsh usage
- Minimal maintenance with no lubrication required
- Positive displacement pumping action minimises product shear
- Completely enclosed unit with no bearings or rotary seals in the product stream
- Easy control of flow rate by regulating air supply
- No need for electric motor, special drives or base plates
- Easily portable and ready to use by connecting to air supply
- Can be run against a closed discharge – a vital benefit for use on filling machines
- Self priming
Plastic Diaphragm Pumps Datasheet
Pumping samples, dosing acids and alkalis for pH-control. Transfer of flocculent, suspensions, chemical reagents and sludges. The pumps are resistant to hydrochloric acid and ferric chloride, plus many others.
Paint, print and varnish industry
Transfer of water – and solvent based paints, ink, varnish, glue, adhesives and solvents. Transfer, recirculation and blending of ink in printing industries.
Transfer of food products like soup, cream, syrup, milk, yoghurt, flavours, spirit, chocolate, dough, creams, paste, perfumes and toothpaste. Service applications as spraying of cleaning liquid in CIP systems.
Handling of oil, fats, lubricants, cooling liquids, washing and cleaning liquids, solvents and waste products etc.
Pulp and paper industry
Transport of glue, sodium silicate, colour and titanium oxide etc. Bleaching products, sampling and waste water handling.
Transfer of all kind of acids, alkalis, alcohol, solvents and shear sensitive products such as latex and emulsions, as well as chemical waste products.
Transport of chemicals from storage tanks, containers and baths, for example in pickling, galvanization and degreasing. Handling of waste products.
Get a quote within 24 hours! Talk to our engineers about your technical requirements. Give us a call on 01425 627700.